Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Team: For Rooster

Ha HA!!! You didn't think I was gonna hitchu with that huh, Sis...

Yeah, as early as I can remember, my pops called my baby sister Rooster. I never thought about it until now... well, I called her Rooster once because she was addicted to wearing her hair in a clip, so that it stuck out like a roostertail, lol.

Well, I was born in 83, she was born in 86. So for three years there was peace. And then... BOOM!!! It was WAR, lol. I do remember one time where me and Rooster got along fine all the time; after all, she wasn't walking yet. Even a little while after she started walking, there was peace in the land. The world catastrophe happened when the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles came out and we each got our first taste of violence. Violence tasted GOOD, lol.

From that time on, we fought every day. It wasn't malicious at all... I felt like fighting, she felt like fighting, so we fought! I made a thug outta my lil sis, lol. The only rule: I'm the only one who could fight her. ONe other cat tried it one time at the bus stop. Baaaaaad decision.

Yeah, we fought for years and years and years. The day I stopped fighting her was the day, while we were wrestling, I accidently fell on her and crushed her lungs. She couldn't breathe at first and I was going CRAZY!!! I still don't like thinking about that moment. I remember the look on her face and how I couldn't do anything about it. Once Mom came in and helped her walk it off, I was like "I can't do this anymore". And that was it.

But that didn't mean sibling rivalry would cease, lol. We still talked much trash. But the relationship we had was strange. We weren't competing really; it's just she was so much like me that she was just doing what I would do. So if I posed a threat, she always challenged me; because if she ever put up a threat, I, as Big Brother, would be obligated to do the same, lol. So thru it all, I was actually proud of her.

I was very protective of my Sis (except for that one time I caught the bus and you missed it when we were reeeeeal little...lol, I'm laughing, but I really do feel bad about it... REALLY). And I think me being protective caused her to be a little different than me eventually; like, she's more adventurous, maybe used to having me to back her up. See, I have my ways, but I try to stay within certain boundaries: I'm always courteous, I'm usually the first to back down, I respect all authority, etc. Rooster?... DON'T get on Rooster's bad side. Rooster doesn't hold her tongue as well as I do, lol. On one hand, I'm glad, cuz I know she can take care of herself. On the other hand... eh... there's a time, a place, and a way of doing things ya know? It keeps down on conflicts Sis, lol.

So who is Rooster? Well, I'm seeing the real Rooster more now than ever. She's always been in my shadow, excelling at academics and such. But now she's in college at UNC, and she's different. She's getting out and meeting people. She's perfecting herself at what she's really good at; she plays clarinet and trombone by the way... And very well... Like first chair well... in both, lol.

She's gotten to a point now where she's more introspective, which I'm very glad to see. If she has a shortcoming, she's no longer afraid to admit it and she takes advice better now. It's the craziest phenomenon tho... Everytime she goes off I start to miss her, but everytime she comes home for the summer I'm ready to drop her the heck off on campus, lol. We'll get it together.

Rooster in some ways is like that side of me that has yet to come out, so I kinda admire her. I'll tell you what side of her got nothing to do with me tho... YOUR CD COLLECTION WREAKS VEHEMENTLY! And you call yourself a music major...

lol...So, a ginger beer toast for the little sis. All Love to the homie RoosterB-)

(who also likes DGGJGB... kinda...)

1 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D
Tanx nagger, lol.
*takes other ginger beer out of hand, runnin off wit both*
Right on point. (oh the entry is too.)
*cheesin*
Oh yeah, y ya boi took my NT*** CD?? LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions