Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Quest for Fire III: Fertile Groundwork

Alright... so I'm not a very regimented person; I'm better at random than with preparation for some reason. I think pressure brings out the best in me. But this time I think I'm actually going to fall into a routine of sorts. Because this time it's not me trying to achieve a particular goal, but me trying to maintain a constant work.

For that, I'll need to be at my best mentally, physically, and especially spiritually. Well, here's my plan for it:

1. Study the Bible much more. I'm very familiar with biblical principles, but sometimes I neglect to "freshen up". And after all, "Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." <-------Don't ask me where it is... That's probably a misquote too. But you get the PRINCIPLE, so let it go, lol... 2 . Become more obedient to the Word. I think I do fairly well in obeying God, but fairly means there's room for improvement, right? So "boom", let's make that happen... 3. Change up my diet: 1) what I'm eating 2) what I'm drinking; 3) how much I'm eating and drinking; 4) what times I'm eating and drinking . I'm going back to a diet I tried that worked well for me:

a. Eating - I've always been fairly healthy eater: I'm not into fat and grease and all that, never had a problem with veggies, LOVE fruit... The problem is, I'm scaring crows right now, lol. I'm prolly a-buck-'35 wet. I have a high metabolism (notice the hair... I got a lot of it). In other words, I'm SSSSLIM. So I'm trying to build an appetite. Along with the usual fruits and veggies, I'm tacking on bread and pasta now in large amounts. (Speaking of pasta, I'm stuck on these little Maruchan Noodle cups I found: they're like $1.50 for six of em and they're delicious! Just a little salty, but it's good stuff... So that's my economically sound pasta choice.

b. Drinking -I normally love to drink any kind of soda and especially Black Cherry Kool Aid, but the only things I allowed myself to drink were DG Genuine Jamaican Ginger Beer (nonalcoholic), PowerAde, and water. The ginger beer is actually an astringent so, even though it's a little sweeter than the average soda, it kinda purges you of bad stuff too (and it's cheaper than soda; gotta love mom and pop shops). The PowerAde is a good substitute for sweeter Kool Aid (yeah... I'm one of those "More kool-aid with your sugar?" cats) and it has a lot of carbohydrates to keep you energized; I'll still be sippin some Black Cherry every now and again of course. Finally, water--- pure, cleansing (tasteless) water. I've done without it for too long.

c. Meal Times - I'm also switching from three large meals a day to smaller meals around the clock, 'cuz I never actually have an appetite during the day but I'm not going to force myself to have one either. For some reason I only get hungry around midnight, so maybe I'll have my biggest meal then? Yeah... feed and then sleep on it every night, and I'll prolly put on some weight and stop scaring crows, lol.

3. Master the guitar. It may not sound like much, but I got two reasons. Firstly, I produce music and mastering an instrument would greatly help me with that. Secondly, the guitar is something that me and pops share a love for--- maybe we can rebuild our relationship from it if I can master it.

4. Get physically fit again. I'm starting with static stretches to get limber again (torn muscles suck). I'm gonna incorporate traditional push-ups, sit-ups (though I never lost the big six;-P), and a little martial arts training for strength and endurance. I'm also considering some unorthodox (and possibly dangerous, lol) exercises to test some theories I have about the body; yes, I'm trying this at home.

5. Master freestyling (extemporaneous rapping, if you don't know). I have an extensive vocabulary, and for some reason I can never summon it all when I'm writing rhymes. So I'm gonna practice freestyling to help me improve my writing and rhyming and also to make me more efficient at thinking on my feet.

6. Network. I'm learning that my dreams might be too big to come true on my own strength. I'm a purist, so I'm always reluctant to incorporate outside assistance. Things always seem to go better for me when there's no conflict of opinion, but I don't know everything either. I already know better than to go recruiting whoever comes along though... Prayerfully God will send the right people to aid me in achieving my goals.

7. Learn Chinese Calligraphy. Yeah... "Why", right? Honestly, even though I'm on the Net all the time, writing all the time, rapping, making beats, playing video games... I don't have a true hobby. I mean something I don't need anybody else with me to enjoy. Something that doesn't take a heck of a lot of thought and stress. Something I can do in total silence and get immediate gratification from. That's what Chinese Calligraphy is doing for me right now. Not to mention it's helping me to remain disciplined; you can't just put lines on paper, but stroke-order and quality count. Especially when you're using a paintbrush. And there are 214 radicals to learn before you can really read Chinese, so it's a long term project... a solo journey, just the way I like em;-D.
Lastly, I've learned that there of traces of my own Christian beliefs in the constructions of ancient Chinese Characters. So there's a spiritual incentive in my learning the art as well.


No matter how trivial, each activity has meaning and reason (if you haven't gathered, practicality is one of my biggest traits). Hopefully they'll help restore some drive to my ambitions and intentions. If not... hey, they couldn't hurt, right?... I'll just be a well-rounded individual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions