Saturday, July 22, 2006

Jigabod Meets the Predator (warning, AVP spoilers!)

Oh yeah... Gotta do this one.

So I'm back in my Jedi fantasma. Doing my best to keep cool, but this cat is a lot more intimidating that my homie RoboCop. I mean, his first opponent was Arnold Schawartzagiggity and a bunch of yahoos with big guns. Second was Brotha Danny Glover the half-lethal weapon. But then... then my man tried to put the moves on Sanaa Lathan and fight the most biggest-headed creatures of all time: the aliens (isn't that bogus they don't have actual names? isn't aliens a bit generic?)

I'm tambout... the Predator. Or should I say Predators? The dopest race of aliens I've seen in movies to date (cept that green Jedi chick that they gunned down in episode III, she was cu.... CURSE YOUUUUU ORDER 66!!). First of all, they've got dreads man; they're with "us". I mean look, in AVP one of em even tried to holla at a sista. That's dope.

Um... that could also be a problem for "us", but that's another day's entry.

What I love about the Predators is that they're warriors, not monsters like their alien counterparts. They actually have a culture. They have martial arts along with their high tech weaponry. I mean, that boomerang that the one was using in AVP was ice; he put on a show with that thing. And the scene where he pops out of nowhere with a winding twist and drives a stake in to the alien queen; a thing of beauty.

They're sentient beings and not just killers; they have beliefs pertaining to life and death. I loved in AVP the dynamic of the Predator cooperating with the human, and I believe his impending death contributed to that. They're resourceful; a Predator found a means to communicate with a human and fashioned weaponry from the body of his fallen alien foe. I also like how he communicated that the device he had was a bomb in that one scene, lol.

And then... well then there's the weapons. The shoulder mounted cannon has a lot of names on it I must admit; from ALL the Predator movies, lol. Then you got ur two pronged claws; also have a lot of names on em. Ur expando-contracto staff; hasn't seen much action, but dope nonetheless. And my new favorite: the bladed boomerang. Ohhh the possibilities, lol. And to accompany the arsenal, these cats actually LOVE to FIGHT! I mean, they raise aliens like chickens just to kill em; THAT's some Goku, "I wanna be the best me I can be" warrior type ish, lol.

One thing tho Predator brothas. For the sake of all that's decent, keep ya masks on. Also, Jigabod might wanna get a tatt of that symbol on ya helmet, but tell a brotha what it means so he don't go humiliating himself, cuz if it's on some matrimonial ish, I don't do male humans and I SHO don't do male aliens. You can kill me bout that one if you want to...

(low buzzing) Hup, whaddaya know! My lightsaber's working. To be continued FOO...B-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions