Friday, July 21, 2006

Five Alarm Blaze

Quick shoutout to Billy Gunz, one of the illest MCs I know. A few months ago, we decided to do a collaboration. Being that this cat is top notch, I pulled out all the stops on my verse, which I hadn't done in years.

It was HARD TO RHYME that verse! I mean truly HARD! But I finally got it out using a little production work. I really didn't like the fact I was struggling like that though; when I was 17-18, I could've done it easily.

But the funny thing is, once I complete a verse, it gets easier to rhyme it because I have it almost memorized and know how it flows. And for the last few days, I've been repeating that verse to myself. But it was so difficult that it's actually improving my delivery just to repeat it! It's become a personal exercise to help me regain my quickness and dexterity.

I'm very excited by the results of my practicing; it will not be long before I'm just as lyrically dextrous as I was when I was starting out. Gunz, thanx for forcing me to push myself. I just might redo that verse to let you see what I can REALLY do, lol.

Jesus PeaceB-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions