Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Genius of God

I've been thinking about this for a few weeks now, but as I sat here and watched this music video with NASA images from space, I was finally inspired to write it. I don't know what you believe out there, but I believe in the Trinity, and I believe the Bible as it's written. And the same effortless, meticulous intricacies I see in the Word of God, I see in the works of God. In short, God is a genius.

I watched these images from space: nebulas, galaxies, solar systems, asteroids, planets, stars, novas, constellations. And I couldn't find words to describe them, or the genius that went into them. I saw things that oddly resembled familiar sites, like a nebula that resembled a wolf on one side and a fish on the other. I saw things that looked like things from my own imagination; clusters of celestial objects that resembled some sort of gateway into who knows what. I also saw things that resembled nothing I had ever seen before. The only thing I could say was, they resembled what spirits should look like in my own mind. And they were HUGE. It had me thinking; maybe we don't see spirits because they're so massive that we simply don't have the scope from where we are. Wouldn't that be something?

But this Genius, He knows we're so limited in scope. So He makes himself apparent in the smallest of things. I woke up one morning and looked in the mirror. In case you didn't know, I'm a relatively furry cat. But I also have had sensitive skin most of my life. It's the "proper thing to do" to shave if you're a hairy person, but one day I thought about it. I have blemished skin, but when I allow my hair to grow, it evens my tone. The solution to my skin was already in place when I took a step back and let what God set in motion occur, lol.

I thought about elderly people who become ill and end up with more poison in their bodies from all their medications than damage from the illness itself. But the amazing thing is, God actually gave our bodies a remarkable healing factor: IF we take care of our bodies and allow them to work without so much aid. I think sometimes we're so much in control that we override the solution to our afflictions before we realize its there. Give the Genius time to work.

From the outer reaches of space to the first cell of your own body to the very molecules that give structure to matter itself; maybe to something even more intricate that our limited human senses can't even perceive. God's genius is all around us. I'm thankful that I can see the genius in his Word as well. When most people do their best to escape it as a book of punishment and restriction, I look at the choices we make instead of doing God's will and the end results and realize it's a book of protection; a book written by a Father who wants to shelter His children from self-inflicted injury and impending destruction.

I'm not a deist; the Word is where God reveals His true nature as it pertains to us, and only partially in nature itself. And I'm not a scientologist or anything like that. But God's genius is just so obvious, and so wonderful that I thought I'd mention it. And the best thing about it; even though the expanse of the universe is so endless, He spends His time watching over you and watching over me like we were the only people in the world. To be valued in such a vast, infinite universe is really something. You should think about that whenever you feel alone or worthless.

B-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions