Friday, May 26, 2006

My World, Uncollided

This is my world. I sit upon a planet composed of my thoughts, my beliefs, my feelings, my accomplishments, my disappointments. That's my gravity, what keeps me from drifting aimlessly. It's a small world, but more than sufficient. Only thing is, it's a little lonely.

So I sit here, opposite the sun so that I can see the stars and other worlds out there; I just watch, knowing I can't leave my world. And every now and then, another world wanders by me. Sometimes it's beautiful, and I stand to get a better look. And I see someone there, and she sees me too.

I extend my hand, partly to greet her with a wave, partly to reach to her. But the separation is too great; I can only brush her fingertips. The separation is always different: sometimes, it's values; sometimes it's background; sometimes it's race; sometimes it's class; sometimes it's religion; sometimes it's distance; sometimes it's baggage; sometimes it's... another world in her life.

Still, we tend to orbit each other. Maybe as friends; maybe as two worlds hoping our trajectories will eventually lead us to collide with each other. But it never fails: eventually we both sprawl back over our respective worlds and pass each other by, wondering what in the sun's plan prevents us from letting our worlds make contact. Still... the view is beautiful.

2 Comments:

At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...PLEAse don't ever... :*(

 
At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*(>>post b4)*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions