Monday, May 08, 2006

Unblocked...

LET IT BREATHE!!! HA!

And just like that ladies and gentlemen, I went from a flustered standstill to an OVERFLOW. From the time we last talked until this very moment, I've drawn so many bars and verses that my head is spinning.

I had a notion to create a mixtape; not an actual album, but a rough group of several songs. The general idea is my alter ego, Battlecataclysmic, spitting raw rhymes with a fighter's theme. And a big shout to the homie Doc from B.L.O.G.; I decided to call it "Dead Art" after he quoted "rap is dead" to me.

Since the direction is so vague, I've been writing with NO LIMITS. It's like I've found a sweet spot between freestyle battle rhyming and perfected verses and I've been CUTTING LYRICS ALL DAY. It's not my best work, but I guarantee you'll never be able to tell; I simply substituted cunning technique for some of the substance. And one thing I learned: if you're rhymes are random, simply compensate with random titles and it's all good. Lesson learned from observations of greatness (namely OutKast and the Simpsons, lol)

Of course, after while I started getting a bit overwhelmed; I was writing for like 5-7 hours. So I took a break... only to find myself in deep conversation with one of the people responsible for my rhyming skills, lol (shout to High Kill) It was about the role of men in society and what it's gonna take to rebuild relationships. The discussion came about from my introducing the concept of Jigabod's album, "Apology"... not now, I'll go into detail about it another time, lol.

So I jumped on my soapbox for the first time in a few months, lol. The writing just wouldn't stop.

But then the icing on the cake, birthday cake that is. Shout to my special friend "Kish" on her 22nd B-Day. She requested a poem and I was happy to oblige. THE WRITING JUST WOULD NOT STOP, lol. But she was mad appreciative, and that really made my day... and made me wanna write summore.

So here I am recording the exploits. And guess what I'm gonna do after I leave here... WRITE SUMMORE!!!

Jesus Peace B-J

2 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jig,

Nice to see you cleared your sinuses.
Wordplay on the last statement to come later.

Doc

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Jigabod said...

...S'not happening.

(lol, I was gonna let it go, but I used that as the closer to my last bout with COD so I didn't even hafta think)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions