Friday, January 06, 2006

Hustler on the Turntables

Hustler - 1. One who sells or promotes energetically and aggressively. 2. One who makes strenuous efforts to secure money or business.

^^^^^That's for any of you who would otherwise think, "He's becoming a hustler? Oh, the world is influencing him so much! Shame on him!" Look... it's Friday the 6th. It's going on 5 o'clock and I not-too-long-ago got in from work. In a few hours, my life as a hustler begins.

I'm already anticipating my first power-moves. And I'm starting things off by experiencing one of the greatest lessons a hustler can learn: sacrifice. Before the day is over, I will more than likely no longer possess my class ring, and possibly my guitar, which has actually been a comfortable place for me to rest my head on several occasions. I'm even considering pawning my prized white-oak bokken (wooden sword), which I will miss dearly. Pawn shops and music stores trying to scrape up enough cash to pay for one measly class... Actually it's deeper than that. I'm sacrificing this stuff so that I WON'T have to pay for them. The name of the game is protect my checking and savings accounts as much as possible. The pawns will provide the cushion I need to make it happen. Not to mention, right on schedule, I got my paycheck tonight.

One class may not be much and financially it's more sound to pay for a full load at once, but in making this move what I really bought is time. Time to delay whatver forces are attempting to force my hand and time to capitalize on income. With the one class, I'm eligible to resume work as a student assistant if I desire, which will add a healthy total to my paycheck at Target. But more importantly, I had an epiphany at work last night: I should sew up the campus.

That's right. I'm gonna take my productions to the bank. I"m hitting the campus this semester with no intention short of selling beats and making a name for myself and my associates. And since I'll be a student there, I'm totally free to do it. I'm gonna hustle the entire campus.

I never thought I'd have this kinda mentality, but I must admit, it's very interesting. I've often wondered what type of person I would become if my back was to the wall. I never thought the role of a hustler would suit me, but something tells me it can work. So hear I am, Hustler on the Turntables. My first job: I'm about to snag a few Z's, before the sun comes up...

All LoveB-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions