Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Voltron Unlimited: 5 on the Dreadnaught, more Pending

Aw man... No sooner than I make my goals plain, I run into a strong candidate for the fifth member of the crew. I got into a spiritual/practical/social discussion with this cat and talked for 3 HOURS!!! Messed around and missed church talking about God, lol...

Anywasy, I've known this cat for a while, but we never had a chance to sit down and really exchange. But like he said, it was inevitable that we cross eventually. I always felt like something must be going on in his head even when he was goofing off, cuz I know his roots. Sure enough, it turns out he's just like me! He studies MCs and wants to make music to combat the industry. In other words, he's a student... and you know how studious cats sit with me already.

He's a good writer, but most importantly he LOVES to perform. We need that because as of yet we don't have a member who's emphasis is performance; I've performed several times before, but not enough to claim expertise. Also, I hate mixing, but he loves it. So he can take the burden off me in that department, plus I can learn enough from him that I can fill in if necessary.

I also see that this cat is very business-minded, which is going to be tricky. We do need business-sense, no doubt. At the same time we don't wanna be money-motivated. But with cautious progression, we can put it all in concert, holding to our values and being profitable at the same time.

Codename: Black Man - for the perspective that he takes on all matters

As far as others pending, I'd like to thank Joe for a new connection... to a SUPERPRODUCER!!! I went to Joe's crib on New Year's Eve. He let me hear a demo of a producer that works at the same Target as Joe, Clyde, and I. This quiet, short-statured, nonchalant cat is AMAZING! He's got an industry sound, but it's quality too. It doesn't have the homegrown feel that I try to keep with my beats, which isn't a bad thing necessarily, just different; he sounds like a professional. But legend has it... he does production for FUN! Of course I'm thinking about picking this cat up, and Joe's definitely putting pressure on me to make the move, lol. But I wanna talk to the cat and see what he's about first; but if he does what he does for fun, I think a link-up should be feasible. If it goes thru, our start will be much like that Georgia vs. West Virginia game in the first quarter... I know you saw that my fellow Georgians...

Secondly, my oldest comrade and I are chatting again. We always went strong together; she's still the one who got me into this music thing in the first place. She's a serious rhymer who truly knows rhyme, plus she knows what to say. Probably the most passionate MC I know period; she's a female Tupac, lol. Not forcing anything, but if we can get back in the studio together... man.


But MUCH PRAYER will go into all of this; I've learned a lot over time, lol. It's still early, so I know better than to let my guard down. Meantimes, I'm gonna prepare my crib to become the dreadnaught for a new squadron...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions