Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Liberty Heaven

I've been thinking about Heaven a lot recently; no, I'm not suicidal. But I've been missing my mom, and in thinking about her I realize more and more that Heaven is literally just a heartbeat away. Shoot, at work the other day I messed around and looked at my wrist; unknowingly, a stiff cardboard box had put a nice little cut on my wrist, right over the biggest vein. Thank God it didn't break thru.

So I've been walking around Heaven in my mind, and I realized something that really blew me away; it's really got me excited about going one day. Of course I'm anticipating a reunion with my family, especially my mother, but do you also realize that many of the famed African American slaves that came before me will be in Heaven when I get there? And not just the "big names", that's not what I'm looking at. I mean the slave communities; the congregated slaves who suffered and worked and kept the faith and sang and cried and celebrated and worshipped and bled together. Man, to be in the midst of them as we celebrate our Lord and Savior...

I wonder what songs they will raise? I mean, we have a nice---okay, EXCEPTIONAL--- choir at my church, but who could touch the voices of this people who endured so much and had ONLY the Unseen Father in Heaven to cling to? I don't know if I could compete with the faith bursting forth from their voices, but I know my soul would cry out as it reveled in the in the harmony.

And the dancing... Oh man, I can imagine it! It would be the most beautiful thing ever conceived! Who could sit still in the presence of a million liberated slaves praising the Lord with every fiber of their being? I can barely sit still thinking about it! And I know my mom... MAN, she'd love that...

And please don't me wrong; I'm not saying this in a spirit of racist isolationism or separation. We're all sinners in need of salvation from the same Christ, and people of all races will be in Heaven. But the African American slaves were just amazing people to me. To be descended of such a people is an honor. And I can't wait to get to Heaven to experience the power of their worship as I too worship. And come to think of it---as much as He suffered for us--- what if Jesus Christ Himself was celebrating with us in the same manner? Admit it... you feel a little jig in your heart at the thought of if, don't you...B-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions