Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sippin'

Mornings are hard for a lot of people, for whatever reason. It might be you stayed up too late; might be you hate your job, hate school; might be you hate Mondays... Nah, you stayed up. You stayed up watching Adult Swim didn't you! (lol) Well, whatever it is, a lot of people solve this lack of eagerness with caffeinated drinks: coffee, cappuccino, malt, latte, whatever your particular buzz drink is.

Ever since my trip to Canada, where I had two sweet cups of hot coffee to be the cherry on top of a wonderful breakfast, I've become a bit more of a regular coffee drinker. In the course of my drinking, I've come to a realization; the genius of hot drinks.

Yes, caffeine is a kick start to get you on your way. I don't like putting influencing agents in my body like that, personally. But I'll tell you what I do like; I like what hot drinks do to make you pace yourself. See, when you wake up with a hot cup of coffee, you can't drink it down but so fast; you'll burn yourself. The only way you can take it is one sip at a time. That's a beautiful thing. Yes the caffeine wakes you up, but that heat keeps you from rushing into your day.

And I find, when I can't settle down and when my mind is going a million miles a second, a hot drink really makes me calm down, whether I want to or not. Coffee is dope in the morning, but I can drink it any time of day; as long as it's hot and just sweet enough. I also have a homemade creation, ginger green tea, that I sometimes drink to ease me at night . It's ginger-ale from the store that I've heated to boiling with a bit of raw ginger that I use to steep about 2 bags of green tea. As I sip, it burns with both the warmth from the stove top and with the spice of the ginger astringent. You can only take but so much at a time, but it's good for ya, lol.

So, as you start off your rough mornings with your lil' pep, whatever it may be, take note of the value of the heat that makes you take it slow. And any time you just can't slow down, try sippin' a hot drink, cuz anything more than sippin' is gonna teach you a valuable lesson: some things in life you simply can't rush, lol.

B-J

1 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave Chappelle says:

Bring me some juice b----! And a banana cognac...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Actually, the Doctor prefers Minute Maid Citrus and/or Fruit Punch.

Later Jig.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions