Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Middle School Chat

Sup readers. I wasn't planning on blogging today, but as I chatted with my homie Ken, the author of BlackLoveOneGrowth, listening to R. Kelly's hit "You Remind Me of Something", I began to talk about my middle school experience. And... it felt blogworthy, lol. So, here it is. Enjoy.

[00:57] Battlecataclysmi: "You Remind Me of Something" is so classic
[00:57] Battlecataclysmi: that joint takes me back to middle school
[00:57] Battlecataclysmi: sad to say actually, but it's true
[00:57] Drkenmack: ...wow
[00:57] Battlecataclysmi: I remember dudes use to sing that to the girls back then
[00:58] Battlecataclysmi: bittersweet
[00:58] Battlecataclysmi: now that I'm older it wasn't so cool, but back then... it was SOOO COOL, lol
[00:58] Battlecataclysmi: It doesn't even feel like we were kids back then
[00:59] Battlecataclysmi: like high school started in 7th grade
[00:59] Battlecataclysmi: and everybody's still so much the same, except... everybody seems sadder in general
[01:00] Drkenmack: that is true
[01:00] Drkenmack: almost to the point where convos with folks are getting really predictable
[01:00] Drkenmack: to be real, it's refreshing as heck when folks are having the good life
[01:01] Battlecataclysmi: true. but even the ones that "made it", they don't seem as happy
[01:01] Drkenmack: also true
[01:01] Battlecataclysmi: and it's almost like they're afraid to remember days gone by
[01:01] Drkenmack: people just need to...
[01:01] Drkenmack: hmmmm...
[01:01] Drkenmack: how i wanna say this...
[01:01] Drkenmack: get their mind right
[01:02] Drkenmack: folks got their priorities wrong
[01:02] Battlecataclysmi: well... some of em yeah. The rest, I think it's that Augusta stigma
[01:02] Battlecataclysmi: that "this is all there is to life" mentality; get married, have kids, work
[01:03] Drkenmack: man that's an international oppressive mentality
[01:03] Drkenmack: that's how they teach us in american schools
[01:03] Battlecataclysmi: jup
[01:03] Battlecataclysmi: and the funny thing is, I don't envy the people who have that at all
[01:03] Battlecataclysmi: I'm always more comfortable with people still finding their way
[01:04] Battlecataclysmi: for better or worse
[01:04] Drkenmack: i guess man. i hate to see folks strugglin jig
[01:05] Battlecataclysmi: true. but at the same time, they seem to be more alive than those that aren't
[01:05] Drkenmack: that's personal opinion
[01:05] Battlecataclysmi: I remember growing up, especially in middle school
[01:05] Drkenmack: my B...u did say 'seem'
[01:05] Battlecataclysmi: the rich kids who were set, they were so superficial
[01:05] Drkenmack: you got it...speak on pimpin
[01:06] Battlecataclysmi: but the cats who didn't have everything, they had so many dimensions
[01:06] Battlecataclysmi: some had made mistakes, some didn't know what the next day was gonna bring
[01:06] Battlecataclysmi: but they took nothing for granted
[01:06] Drkenmack: i think the key is just having and maintaining that edge...
[01:06] Drkenmack: don't let money or folks deter you
[01:07] Battlecataclysmi: they could always have a good discussion
[01:07] Battlecataclysmi: always had a good laugh on em
[01:07] Battlecataclysmi: could enjoy a sunset, ya know.
[01:07] Drkenmack: that's why following the big G is so crucial...that allows you to keep focus in conjunction with the success...
[01:07] Drkenmack: i know.
[01:08] Battlecataclysmi: I think middle school was the most important time in my life
[01:08] Battlecataclysmi: and i'm thankful I went to school where I went to school
[01:08] Battlecataclysmi: at a school with a bad rep that everybody talked down about
[01:08] Battlecataclysmi: it was so rewarding man
[01:09] Battlecataclysmi: and everytime I hear this song it comes back, lol
[01:09] Battlecataclysmi: it's not a "deep" song, it was just a song of the day
[01:09] Battlecataclysmi: the field trips
[01:09] Battlecataclysmi: lol
[01:09] Battlecataclysmi: pep rallies
[01:09] Battlecataclysmi: field day
[01:10] Battlecataclysmi: but then that time somebody got dropped and we witnessed it
[01:10] Battlecataclysmi: and when the whole cheerleading squad was getting pregnant left and right
[01:10] Battlecataclysmi: that time Ms. Jordan told us to never settle for second class
[01:11] Battlecataclysmi: My first Bankhead bounce, lol
[01:11] Battlecataclysmi: that was a classic moment
[01:11] Battlecataclysmi: And the first time somebody told me I was cute; a girl named Celencia
[01:12] Drkenmack: true, ha ha ha
[01:12] Battlecataclysmi: I've been playing this song for HOURS, lol
[01:13] Battlecataclysmi: it's so deep in my mind I don't even notice it anymore
[01:13] Battlecataclysmi: it just resonates in harmony with that part of me, lol
[01:16] Drkenmack: an r. kelly track?
[01:16] Drkenmack: that's just crazy to me mayne
[01:17] Battlecataclysmi: lol, thas cool. it was a big hit when it came out, everybody was singing it, and it's a dope song so...
[01:17] Battlecataclysmi: that's just how it went down
[01:17] Drkenmack: you remind me...of a dang jeep
[01:17] Battlecataclysmi: plus I had the biggest crush
[01:17] Battlecataclysmi: it's not the jeep that was important, lol
[01:17] Battlecataclysmi: it was the riding
[01:17] Battlecataclysmi: which we shouldn't have known about in middle school
[01:18] Battlecataclysmi: but it's hard to keep that from middle school heads
[01:18] Drkenmack: u right
[01:18] Battlecataclysmi: it's funny... grown ups said we weren't grown because we didn't know anything
[01:19] Battlecataclysmi: they were wrong; we weren't grown because we didn't know how to handle what we did know
[01:19] Battlecataclysmi: and we knew a LOT
[01:21] Drkenmack: ha ha ha, that's deep
[01:22] Battlecataclysmi: Man, when I think back, high school was less intense than middle school
[01:22] Battlecataclysmi: cats talk about how they think about sex all the time and all that now
[01:22] Battlecataclysmi: I think I don't do it much now because we got so much of it out of us in middle school
[01:22] Battlecataclysmi: Middle school was CRAZY
[01:23] Drkenmack: your middle school sounds like it was a trip, mayne
[01:23] Drkenmack: i mean, that's when my personality started to form itself, but i give more credit to my FAM experience
[01:23] Battlecataclysmi: I hear that
[01:24] Battlecataclysmi: but man... the illest thing I remember from middle school
[01:24] Battlecataclysmi: and I didn't witness this myself, but this chick was crazy enough to do it
[01:24] Battlecataclysmi: and there were too many witnesses
[01:24] Battlecataclysmi: but this one girl from around my neighborhood... smh
[01:24] Battlecataclysmi: we had a pipe that ran from the ceiling thru the floor in one class
[01:25] Battlecataclysmi: Put it like this... I WISH she had settled for dancing on the pole like any other freak
[01:25] Drkenmack: ouch
[01:25] Battlecataclysmi: she actually like pissed on the pole dawg
[01:25] Drkenmack: *gasp*
[01:26] Drkenmack: in middle school
[01:26] Battlecataclysmi: and this had to be... either 6th or 7th grade
[01:26] Battlecataclysmi: now don't get me wrong, she was like the freak of all freaks at the school
[01:26] Battlecataclysmi: like something was seroiusly wrong with this chick
[01:26] Battlecataclysmi: but just one incident like that is enough to warp anybody's mind at that age
[01:26] Drkenmack: it has the potential
[01:27] Battlecataclysmi: but just like we had freaks, we had young queens too
[01:27] Battlecataclysmi: I'm still tight with some of em
[01:27] Battlecataclysmi: and just like we had thugs, we had kings
[01:27] Battlecataclysmi: it was so comprehensive
[01:28] Battlecataclysmi: the only thing we didn't really have was bougie kids
[01:28] Battlecataclysmi: but they were at all the school meets or whatever
[01:28] Battlecataclysmi: talking mad trash, giving dirty looks
[01:28] Battlecataclysmi: even the white kids at my school were cool
[01:28] Battlecataclysmi: except one, and he got beat up constantly
[01:31] Battlecataclysmi: I had fun tho. That was the last time I really felt absorbed in school life
[01:31] Battlecataclysmi: I grew a lot in a lot of ways, but I had fun doing it
[01:31] Battlecataclysmi: It was the last time I was a part of a process and unaware of it
[01:32] Battlecataclysmi: it would be a dream to reunite with all the cats I used to kick it with
[01:33] Battlecataclysmi: in the back of my mind, I'm always looking for em whenever I step out the house
[01:34] Battlecataclysmi: so what's good mayn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions