Sunday, June 04, 2006

People, People, People...

I think I've come to a conclusion, and it sux. Wanna hear it?

It's actually pretty obvious, but I thought I'd write about it because... well... I guess it's more trying to convince myself. Or somethin like that. Here it is:

A solitary lifestyle is deprivation. (yuck)

Well, I guess I better get to it... First off, I LOVE solitude. LOVE IT. And with good reason I think. Wanna hear em? Here they go:

1. When you're alone, you don't hafta consider anybody else.
2. When you're alone, you can't blame anybody else.
3. When you're alone, you don't have anybody to distract you.
4. When you're alone, you don't hafta explain yourself to anybody.
5. When you're alone, everything you do is totally your decision.
6. When you're alone, you get to know yourself pretty well.
7. When you're alone, there's no waiting.
8. When you're alone, there's no rushing.
9. When you're alone, there's no ridicule or mockery.
10. When you're alone, there's no unnecessary protocol and pomp.

That's just 10 off the top of my head. I'm the type of cat that could go live off in the mountains as a hermit and never hafta see anybody again; just gimme my spot, my food source, my Bible, somethin to write with and paper, and a dope song to sing.

So what has brought me to the point of denouncing my beloved solitude? I'm not sure where it came from, but I had a revelation today. It'z one of those things that sux because it's like unavoidable; a bulletproof argument. Here it is:

(total) Solitude is bad because God uses others to uplift us. At the same time, He uses us to uplift others. So by totally isolating ourselves, we stunt our own growth as well as the growth of others.

No...I'm not arrogantly suggesting that somehow I'm some "inspirational" person that people shouldn't be deprived of (<-----see, that's where solitude begins to look so appetizing, because I wouldn't even hafta explain that). All I'm saying is if every man were an island, we would all be people of smaller stature as a whole. You can't say that at some point someone in your life didn't help you to grow further along than you would've grown by yourself. It's like not having a spotter: sure, you MIGHT be able to bench that much weight, but if you're wrong it'z a wrap and ur gonna getcha chest caved in (I had to use violent imagery cuz I still don't like the idea).


I don't know if I don't like this blog because I'm barely awake when I'm writing it, or because I just don't like the truth of it. Either way... wow I'm sleepy.

Jesus Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions