Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Somehow I Ended Up With Lucy...

Dag, 'less I'm crazy already, I feel like I saw a bunch of dope movies over the last few days... or did I?

Hm... I saw Sole Survivor a few minutes ago. I was diggin it like a live-action anime, but it kinda left me hanging. Looking for a sequel to that one, even tho I hate sequels.

I saw Die Hard (2?). Always like to watch a Bruce Willis flick. "Yippie-kayae-muhf...." (I couldn't resist. I'm ashamed of how cliche that was. My apologies.)

......OHHHH, CONAN O'BRIEN had me DYING the other night. Maybe that's what feels so much like a movie. Special guests Lucy Liu and some obnoxious cat that Conan can't stand... or pretends he can't stand ya know. But the best guest was this cat named... MICHAELJACKSON! (yeah, he said it big and fast just like that, and it was a TOTALLY different MJ from the one you know; that's what had me laughing at first). Turns out he's this old guy who tastes beers for a living... You see the recipe right?

Lemme tell ya, he was easily already drunk when he came out there, and it just got worse and worse. His hair was all over the place and he was holding these delicate glasses like they just wouldn't dare fall out of his hand. I mean, he was GONE... And Conan was jiving and the obnoxious guy was jiving and Lucy was laughing her heart out... and the obnoxious dude was all over Lucy Liu. But that leads me to an interesting topic: Lucy Liu... Hmmm....

Don't get me wrong, Lucy Liu is a very beautiful woman. But until the other night, I've had a hard time swallowing her. I think I've found the one thing about a woman that frightens me: I don't like when a woman hides her emotions. A lot of the roles that I've seen Lucy play have all hinged on that: the poker face. On Ally McBeal, she was the unbreakable woman who could seduce a man and sleep with him and feel nothing. On Kill Bill, she was the samurai, scarred by the murder of her parents, that could be businesslike one second and cut ur head off the next. I've always seen her as beautiful, but I was never attracted to her because the poker face turned me off. I feel like I need to know what's going on inside a woman so I know how to behave with her, ya know?

But you know what? When she was on the show the other night and she was just being natural, for the first time I was REALLY feeling her! Like, "Man, she's SO ATTRACTIVE when she smiles and laughs and plays and fights obnoxious people off of her!" So now, I'm feeling obnoxious: That kimono you wore in Kill Bill was very... lovely on you, Ms. Liu. Sincerely.

B-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions