Thursday, February 23, 2006

I Was Glad When It Rained Last Night...

I don't know what got into me; I couldn't stop working. I worked every second I could from the time I got there to the time I left. Did my share and looked for more to do. I was in a daze, but my body was alert like never before. And as the night progressed, I got hot yo... sooooo hot.

I was in a flirtatious mood, yeah; one of my coworkers had on these capris that showed off her calves. 'Never fails to catch my attention. But nah; this felt like fever. But it wasn't a fever, I don't think. The heat... it felt good. It reminded me of the cool night before, when I slept wrapped tight under sheets and spreads. Some nights I just like to be insulated in unbearable heat, and there I was, at my job feeling like I was moving in a constant sauna.

When I finally got off, would you believe I still felt like I was lit? I mean, I was ready to go, but it was 6:00am and I wasn't in the least bit sleepy. But as I left the building, I heard a quiet pitter-patter outside...

I looked into the dark, early morning sky as tiny drops glanced againstmy face. Don't get me wrong, it was raining when I first came in. I just figured it would have stopped by then. The light droplets doused the heat and left me feeling just right. I looked up into the lights over the parking lot.

My wish was to be in Atlanta. As a teen, that was my thing; I loooooved Atlanta. But not the big city rush. Just the skyline, and the lights at night, and the bright attractions. At that moment, what I wanted was to go back to that foggy early morning when I was on a trip to Tennesse, passing thru Atlanta. Everyone else on the bus was asleep; I was awake and filled with wonder. The fog turned the city into something fantastic. You couldn't see anything at ground level, and only the tallest buildings were apparent. One building appeared as a single, pointed golden tower. I'll never forget that image.

I sat into my car, wishing that I was on a quiet I-285 during the dark hours of morning with a special someone in my passenger seat. I threw on my Nas - Street's Disciple CD. It was playing track 9, "For the Rest of my Life", a beautifully made track. I put it on repeat and let it carry me home. I rolled down my window and let the cool, damp night air blow over it briskly as I did 60 up the expressway.

I know this was a random, incoherent post, but I really was glad when it rained last night... That's just how I feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions