Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A Tuned Loon

Pardon the interruption (did I just say that?)

Before I get started, I just gotta say: Shaniece (the singer, u know who I"m talking about...) has the PRETTIEST MOST GORGEOUSEST SMILE I EVER DID SAW. *snap* I was a generation too late...

Now... among all this Boondocks and Paradox, I stopped for a sec and thought I should list some of the cartoon characters I've come to identify with over the years. I love cartoons, and I admit some of my personality traits prolly came from the ones I watched. And if you think I'm Looney Tunes, I won't argue witcha... punchline pending...

1. Bugs Bunny, Looney Tunes - Bugs Bunny is a gangsta, I dont' care what anybody says. Bugs' whole lifestyle was making mockery of cats. But then, it was never BB that initiated the conflict; it was just always BB that finished it. How it should be, lol. I remember one time this cat even stood in for the Road Runner and matched wits with Wile E. Coyote. But the rabbi was too sharp for the fall guy. Now, I wasn't down with that cross-dressing stuff, that was a little too much. But overall, Bugs might as well have been named Seagel.

2. Colossus, X-Men - "The heart of a poet" is what was always said about Colossus. But you gotta realize, Colossus is the literal "man-of-steel". A hard outside hid a soft interior. That's what really made him powerful to me; he had a heart that matched his exterior. And if you follow his story to the bitter end, you learn that his heart was made of something stronger than even his steel form.

3. Piccolo, Dragonball Z - MAN I love this cat. I hate the fact that he's the only real "brotha" on the show, and he's a green Namekian with antennae, lol. But even at that, he's a great character. He isolates himself, spends his time meditating and training, and trained some of the greatest fighters on the show. He's always serious, and is always considered a threat even when his power level is waaay beneath others on the show because his mind is so sharp. He's the guy that respects the badguys on the show because he knows a warrior when he sees one, regardless of whether they're good or evil. He's the Batman of Dragonball Z, lol. Which leads to my next character...

4. Batman, Justice League - Maybe the greatest superhero of all time. He dwells with a bunch of superpowered beings... and he can't stand them, lol. He always ends up saving the Justice League despite their "superiority". Rather than live in the space base, he resides in the Batcave. And he should have that right; after all, he bought the space base in the first place... the bums, lol. All the women love him, he has the illest ride, the biggest brain, the most common sense, a butler, his own pad, mad respect, and a black outfit. How gangsta?...

5. Samurai Jack, Samurai Jack - A wandering samurai. You already know my stance here. Always in self-reflection. Never overestimates himself. Respects every opponent as he decimates them. Lives in harmony with most. Deep-seated anger hidden in a constant state of calmness. Altruistic nature. Boom...

6. Spike, Cowboy Bebop - The Red Coyote; a sick martial artist packing a gun and ducking his real life. He lives in a space station as a bounty hunter with just his homeboy, a sweet thief with a T-Boz cut, an annoying kid and a dog. He has nothing to lose and lives with a constant price on his head. He goes to an indian priest for advice. He has a fake eye and no one can even tell. But I love the saying from the show that comes with all that: "You're gonna carry that weight". I gotta tell myself that a lot...

7. Leonardo, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Now this is something; I like both the old and the new Leonardo because they have similar natures. Basically, of all the turtles Leo was the best student, the one constantly training, constantly improving. He wasn't arrogant, didn't play around. It's more evident in the new series. You might call him "teacher's pet" if you're immature; it's only cuz you know he'd kick ur arse. That's what I like about him, lol.

8. Charlie Brown, Peanuts - This is my white brother right here. We know 'bout gettin the short end of the stick. But like Spike, we carry that weight. And in the end, it always seems to work out somehow. Sometimes, I'm like Chuck on that one show when he looked up in the night sky and said, "Why me, Lord?" But we get up the next day and take whatever the world has to dish and find out it's not so bad.

9. Goku, Dragonball Z - Sometimes I hate this cat cuz he reminds me of Superman. But one thing he and I have in common that I can't deny: hunger for growth. I like a challenge, and sometimes it's not enough to just win. It's not really about winning and losing with me: it's about discovering myself in the midst of the conflict, just like Goku. Goku fights, but he's most excited when things are most critical. He wants to win, but he moreso wants to know what he's capable of. If he puts it all on the table and comes up short, that's when he's really alive as he scrambles to find the missing piece of himself that may or may not be there to save the day. And he gets true enjoyment from a good competitor, even if they're gonna destroy the whole world.

10. Huckleberry Hound, Huckleberrry Hound - Mayn, this was a cool sunnava b... (well he was!!!) here. All he did was sing "Oh My Darlin" all the time and talk slow. And yet... cat would get this look on his face sometimes... I think Huck would do a cat if he got pissed enough, lol...

11. Huey, The Boondocks - Man, this cat is like... me if I was a child again knowing what I know now, lol. And if I'm correct and he's named after Huey P. Newton, then Newton and I probably have a lot in common. Huey feels alone a lot of the time just because he uses common sense to draw a lot of conclusions. The people closest to him don't get him in the least. And he has a lot of appreciation for his enemies, if only for being his enemies consistently. I often feel the same way. There's nothing like an enemy you can count on because, even if they switch sides, you don't lose any ground; you expect the worst from them and either get the worst, or a pleasant surprise. I actually look up to the shorty, cuz I get tired sometimes. But just like he got MLK up on the show, he keeps me lit when I watch him cuz I'm thinkin to myself, "That's me right there" lol.


I know I'm missing some, but it's no biggie. Now for that punchline... If you think I'm Looney Tunes, then you might be Elmer Fudd. ...Nah, that's too easy.

If you think I'm Looney Tunes then turn the station.<-------Bam, there it is, lol All LoveB-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions