Sunday, December 04, 2005

Party At Target...

Yeah, we got a Christmas party on the 8th not actually at Target, but just a gathering of Target employees. Should be very interesting with the beautiful daytime emplyees, but this is all beside the point...

What I wanna know is what the hegg was goin on in the backroom Friday Night at Target? Usually weird stuff happens at sparse intervals; I think I got all my weird in one night for the rest of 2005 and midway thru 2006.

1). First, one of my homies got to telling me about his marital problems, which I dont' mind at all, but it's just not something I expect to happen... Okay, yes I do. People always tell me their problems. Matter of fact...

2). A cat I never met before came to me and asked for change for a $5 bill. I pulled four ones really quickly and he laughed because I had a bunch of ones. I always have a bunch of ones, and because of that people always say I must hit strip clubs, so I intercepted him and said, "And no, I don't have a lot of ones because I hit strip clubs. I'm a Christian." Turns out he wasn't thinking that anyway, but he WAS thinking about getting saved. So boom, I end up spending waaay too much time trying to convince him to take that step. I know my supervisor was a little ticked at me, but I THINK I did the right thing. I think...

3). The homie that told me about his marital problems earlier came back later on and asked if he could look at my shoes. "???" I'm thinking, but I said "Sure..." I propped my foot up on a tub full of boxes. Then he asked what size I wore. "13." Turns out, he bought some shoes similar to mine and he didn't like em and wanted to get rid of em. He asked if I wanted em and I said, "Sure, how much?" He responded, "Who said I was charging..." Cool, right?

4). I'm working hard trying ot make up for the time I lost earlier in the night, when a female coworker, prolly in her mid-30s stops by my aisle. "Are you married?" she asks. I don't know if it was the question she asked, the fact that she asked it, or the fact that I was so focused on my work, but I couldn't answer right away. Seems like it should be so obvious, right? "Uhhhh... no, I'm not." She laughed and responded, "You had to think about it. I'll ask again in about a week..." ...Uh... I think I'm in trouble folks.

5). The same lady comes back later on adn asks if I'm alright. I say, "Yes ma'am. Why do you ask?" She said she hadn't seen me doing anything but restocking the whole night without taking a break. But I explained that I took my regular break (minus about 5 minutes), my usual 30 minute lunch break, plus the impromptu "get fired for Jesus" break. She said, "Okay, just making sure everything's good with you." But I really appreciated her asking tho. That was real cool.

6). One of the cats that trained me asked me out of the blue which high school I went to. "Went to Richmond, graduated from Hephzibah." He told me he graduated from Richmond in 93, which he had told me before. Then it thought about it... "Maybe you know one of my cousins then..." Turns out he knows BOTH of them, the Lewis family in general (I'm not actually a Lewis, but I am; you know how that goes...), PLUS friends of the family! So, aside from my other schoolmate from Richmond, I finally got someone at my job that's kinda familiar... sorta.

How's that for one night of action? Of course, my biggest concerns right now are the Party coming up, where I'll get to meet some wonderful people (B-J), and what's about to happen when this lady "pops the question" on me again. As if I wasn't already doing enough praying at work...

All LoveB-J

P.S. - 96.3 KISS FM, keep doin it to def every night for all us freaks on the graveyard shift, aight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions