Thursday, January 26, 2006

All a Nukka Could Ask For...

Preface: Nukka (NUG-kuh) - 1995 slang. Dats all u need 2 know...

Aight man... Rough night at work. I mean, it's hard work every night, but tonight was special. Tonight I cleaned up somebody else's mess from the day before PLUS handled late business from the other side da store.

Meanwhile, I had a high school flashback. See, cats I work with ain't exactly saved; big deal, but no big deal, ya dig? Definitely gotta work with the brothas and sistas...

Anywasy, the ladies that work in the back with us are gone for the week so, as we killed time working on late items, the fellas did what fellas do: guy talk. Mmman... it's been a long time since I've been around unbridled, raunchy, raw, unadulterated conversation. Back in middle school, it was much the same; my mom used to say "those kids cussed like sailors!" We had plenty of that and more tonight.

On one hand, things have changed since middle school. I wasn't as comfortable around it as I used to be; I never made a big deal about it, nor did I participate back then, but now I was more repulsed by it. At the same time, some things haven't changed; just like back in middle school, the guys respected me enough not to bring me into it for instance. But also, just like middle school, I felt like the outsider. I mean, I'm always cool with everybody, but I never felt like "one of the guys" ya know? 'Cept for the cats I used to hoop with from my hood. I've always been that cat that walks up on the fellas when they're talking, and they tone down the convo just for me... Like I'm the principal or something.

And somewhere, I realize I still haven't found my "posse"; truth be told, I might never find it. On one hand there's cats I'm cool with that I'm separated from by practical differentiations; on the other hand there's cats I'm cool with that I'm separated from by spiritual standards. And I lean more toward the ones I have spiritual separation with, but that's a barrier I can't cross. Maybe one day I can convince em, and it'll b all good...

So what's up? Nun...chuks. Went out and bought some REAL ones today. They weren't the glass ones I planned on snagging; they're wooden ones, lightweight, good for using. Haven't knocked myself out yet. Shoulda brought em to work today tho; I woulda got the job done sooner and written this sooner as a result.

Big debate about capital punishment today at my church. Didn't really get indepth like I like to, but it was really oriented toward the kids; coulda got real technical and confusing if it wasn't for them. I asked one relevant and divisive question toward the end, but I regret my timing and I hope I didn't throw any of the youngsters off; it's a lot to process at that age. Fuggetaboutit...

I actually sat thru class today. My homie Nikki got herself a new tattoo... as if she had rooom for another, lol. I still remember how my cousin was intrigued by it when we went out to eat one night and she waited our table; they started trading tat-shots, lol. Nikki kept bringing up some stuff about Catherine, ruler of Russia, and a horse. Not going into specifics, but it's all good; Nikki's a hoot to be around.

Back to this work nonsense tho. I wonder would they dare to hang me out to dry like dat again? But like always, that quiet cat won't make a ruckus about it. All a nukka could ask for is for cats to do what the heck they s'posed to do so I don't have to do it for them, and for deez bigheads to gimme my check on payday. That's right: hegg yeah, I get paid for deez extra hours. Now sang the hook...


Playlist: Bobby Creekwater - "Tape Deck"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions