Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sour Milk: A Lesson on Resourcefulness

Okay... I'm looking in my refrigerator today right? I'm seeing two quarts of milk: expiration dates September 30th and October 9th. For the record, today is October 13th. You guessed it... I have two quarts of spoiled milk in my 'fridge.

Well that's not very resourceful of me, right? I should've finished those off instead of wasting money like that... Yep, but look closer. Sour milk isn't good for drinking, no. But it would be a waste to throw em out. Look up "sour milk recipes" in any Internet search engine. Now... DO YOU SEE HOW MANY CULINARY USES THERE ARE FOR SOUR MILK?!

Moral of the Story: Keep your eyes open; Functional-Fixedness is a disease.

Now who wants biscuits... and chocolate cakes... and doughnuts... griddles... gingerbread... muffins... waffles... pancakes... coffee cakes...



Update: It's 3:50, and 7 sour milk biscuits are left on the stove; 1 cup of sour milk yielded 8.5 biscuits kids! 'Tell you how gutter this was... brotha didn't have any shortening so brotha improvised and used peanut butter. Brotha didn't have a cookie cutter so brotha used the ringed top of a mason jar. The batter was very uncongealed (it melted right off in water), but I took that as a good sign. So I popped the biscuits in the 450 degree oven.

Then, as Emeril would put it, BAM! It was a wrap. They came out golden-brown, no scorching or burning. I oiled the pan up so when they came out the popped right off. They looked hard, but they were actually perfectly textured---right between crispy and soft.

Only drawback, the saltiness of the peanut butter made the biscuits a little too salty. Next time I think I'll totally forfeit the added salt and just use straight PB. Also, I was dissapointed that the peanut butter flavor didn't make it thru, though the smell was there. Overall, a good and resourceful experience...

All LoveB-P(<-------salty tongue...)

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

U pro'ly don' remember that time I stayed home from school cuz that sour milk I risked n my cereal had me losin WEIGHT on that toilet. (LOL) Buh nah, I kno u tellin the troof. Now WHO told u ta cook while I was gone?!!! (LOL) Lemme stop; very resourceful indeed. *wink* Glad u doin okay w/out me *hollywood smile*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions