Sunday, October 09, 2005

My Brothas (Keep it Up!)

Just thought I'd talk about a brief experience I had today...

I went to church like always, and we got a gaggle of people that gave their lives to Christ and joined the church at the end of service. One of em was a guy from the church I started out at, so that was real cool; maybe the rest of my family, friends, and familiars will join one day. I remember him from when I was reeeeeeal little, but I never knew his name til I shook his hand a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure it was him because he has a fiance now, which he brought up with him; I don't think she was at the old church back then. I was surprised he remembered me, though. There was also another young cat who came up with his wife to change their memberships. It's always inspiring to me to see brothas bring their families; it keeps me hopeful.

Then there was one brotha who was just accepting Christ for the first time. After service I was driving home and saw the brotha walking down the street. It was a long walk, so I decided to swing around and offer the cat a ride. He was a real cool dude. He was tellin me how he was just tired of drinking and smoking and his same old routine. He didn't wanna spend the rest of his life on that course. It did a lot for me to hear him say that. Kinda put things back in perspective. I know he'll find what he's looking for now that he want's Christ in his life.

Maybe we could get to be friends too, but if not that's cool; not to exclude the ladies, but it's just comforting to know there are still brothas searching for something better. I take my hat off to those brothas and I want them to know that, if they ever decide to let Christ into their lives, they WILL find what they are looking for. And as always...

...All LoveB-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions