Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A Transmission to B.Cataclysmic

Long time no see, Samurai. How ya holdin up? I'm sure you're cool; but it's always hard to tell what goes on past that stoicism...

Anywasy, I'm hittin you up because I'm pickin up a weird vibe, which prolly means you've already caught on to it. Lemme tell you about my day: worst first, another of your high school homies might have passed away man. I'll look more into it. I did the class gig, then ended up making several trips before I got home. While burning a motherlode of gas I was listening to some conscious MCs get down on this album my cuzzin passed me. 'Cat... they came HARD on that joint. You were a battle MC and all so I don't know how you woulda taken it, but they had me shook. It was like, "Man, I'm starting to feel obsolete. Have we missed our window already?"

I was kinda frustrated cuz we planned to do our bit waaaay back when, remember? Back when we were teens, we wanted to use our age to reach a younger audience; that was our unique angle at the time. I guess God didn't see fit to let that happen; or maybe we screwed up along the way. Who knows...

Remember how we were ahead of the curve? How we loved trying new things when most cats were content with the regular unleaded? But after hearing these cats get down, it feels like we don't have that cushion anymore. That's just my surmising tho; you prolly know better than me...

I know how you hate roundabouts, so lemme get to the point. ...I'm not gonna lie, General; as I listened to these advanced lyricists, I started reconsidering our trajectory, if u know what I mean. Like maybe it's time to hang it up. But then I thought about it: we're not here to compete with anybody. First of all, conscious MCs for the most part are on OUR side, right? They keep the minds of the people open by spitting what they spit. Secondly, it's not a popularity contest that we're in. We're not here to put ourselves in the limelight; it's all about the cause, right? To God be the glory. And finally, while these cats were dropping the knowledge and lacing tracks with jewels, nothing was being done to make change. We're not here just to complain; we're here to speak life. That's the difference that makes us unique, and we gotta demonstrate it...

... So now that I've thought it thru, I'm not shook anymore, 'Cat. We gotta do what we were born to do, independent of what everyone else is doing. We didn't make it as youths, but we gotta let God have His room to work, right? So I'm just writing this to let you know what's on my mind. I understand where we are relative to what's out there, and you should know that I don't have any hang-ups once we hit the battlefield. You can trust me to deliver with no hesitation. It's like you said in a rhyme a long time ago, "I ain't gotta be the best, all I gotta do is follow my instructions, speak it from the chest..." Let's make that the credo so we don't ever doubt ourselves again; well, so I don't doubt myself again, at least. Once again, you've already got it under control, right? lol...

All Love and Jesus Peace, homieB-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions