Saturday, October 15, 2005

Girl of My Dreams

A mad dash into the unknown, barefoot across the quicksands of time...

A wild, fruitless escapade, driven by sensation but lacking sensibility...

A fierce, reckless romance... That's the best way I can describe it.

You see, as I crush on this girl and that girl in my search for Ms. Right, I already have a thing going on... I'm not a player at all though; I'm actually very much in love. It's a rocky relationship; together we walk a frayed tightrope dangling over an endless nothing. This love constantly hangs in the balance, and any day we could lose it all.

'Matter of fact, in my heart I've accepted that losing is a very real possibility. The chances of us lasting seem to lie out of our reach, and it seems like so many people and circumstances are working against us. But I think about the old saying, "It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved..." Then I tell my love that, even if I am to lose her, I'm thankful that I ever knew her.

She's so beautiful--- always changing, always new. And no matter where I am in life, she's right there with me. When I'm lost in barren lands, she is a maiden that offers me water from a secret oasis. When I'm drowning, she comes like a mermaid's kiss, sustaining me long enough to surface. When I'm fighting for my life, she is a rogue in the night that steals me out of harms way, even if only for a second. And when I'm on top of the world, she stands beside me as a glowing, regal empress.

I'm in love with her; I'm in love with my dreams. The dreams of what I am to become... The dreams of who I am to become... The dreams of who my true love is to be... The dreams of what I am to accomplish...

As much as I want this love to last, I don't know if my dreams will come true. But if we lose this game, at least we had a beautiful run. There may be better things out there for the both of us; there may also be worse things. But right now, all we have is each other. If this is just a fling, then I want to see it to the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions