Sunday, February 05, 2006

The V-Day Series: For the Grown and...

...Let's just leave it at the grown, lol. This is gonna be a quick post with whatchu might call a "soundtrack to Valentine's Day". Listed below are the artists to look for if you reeeally wanna add atmosphere to your Valentine's Day rendezvous. But get it right: this is grown folks music. I'm not bumpin' that newbie pup music.

My kids (Sunday School, not MY kids, lol) and some of my homies always say "Old people did the same things we're doing right now; they're no better than us! And their music says the same things, so it's no better either!" lol... Maybe so. But do ya'll realize how many teens we got singing about grown folk's business compared to the way it used to be? Think about it: Al Green, meet Lloyd; Temptations, meet B2K; Marvin Gaye, meet Mario. And no, the Jackson 5 weren't singing about gettin' their freak on, lol. Come off it peeps, really... It's not the same thing.

TANGENT, lol. Here's my playlist for Valentine's Day. I'm giving you artists as well as my personal favs by the artists. Individual songs may vary, mind you; it depends on how classy or classless you wanna be about it, lol...

Al Green - Love and Happiness, Let's Stay Together
Marvin Gaye - I Want You, After the Dance
Case - Touch Me, Tease Me; I'm Missing You, Faded Pictures
Joe - The Things Your Man Won't Do, Love Scene, Faded Pictures
Keith Sweat - How Deep Is Your Love, Twisted, My Body... just get the greatest hits album, lol
The Emotions - Don't Ask My Neighbor
Ben E. King - Stand By Me
Sade - Kiss of Life... get the greatest hits, lol
Luther Vandross - Here and Now, Secret Love... get the greatest hits, lol
Toni Braxton - Another Sad Love Song, Breath Again, Just Be a Man About It
Mariah Carey - Can't Let Go, Don't Forget About Us, We Belong Together... get the greatest hits and the new album
Lisa Fischer - How Can I Ease the Pain
Billie Holiday - Night and Day
Silk - Freak Me, Lose Control
Boyz II Men - Four Seasons of Loneliness
Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love, Comforter
Gerald Levert - hm...
The O'Jays - Darling Darling Baby
Lennie Williams - 'CAuse I Love You
Kem - I Can't Stop Loving You; Back in My Life (high anticipations for this cat)
Raheem Devaughn - Guess Who Loves You More (highly anticipated as well)
Tony Bennet - it's Tony Bennet; you can't lose
R. Kelly - Go old school R. Kelly, you can't go wrong... well technically... just stay outta trouble, lol
The Isley Brothers - For the Love of You, greatest hits
Barry White - Greatest hits
Babyface - Two Occasions (the Deele), Whip Appeal, When Can I See You Again, greatest hits
Shirley Murdoc - As We Lay (controversy here, lol)
Peabo Bryson - Can You Stop the Rain
Anita Baker - Just Because, Body and Soul, go for the greats peeps
Earth Wind and Fire (shout to Doc Makin) - After the Love has Gone, greatest hits
Diana Ross - Missing You
D'Angelo - Lady, Brown Sugar
Tamia - You Put a Move on My Heart, I'm So Into You
Johnny Gill - My My My (confirmed... the brotha is not gay. I repeat, the brotha is not gay. hallelujah...)
Maxwell - Get to Know Ya, Ascension, Sumthin Sumthin
New Edition - Can You Stand the Rain, I"m Still in Love with You, ONE MORE DAY <-----very slept on track!
112 - Cupid, Only You, SOMEONE TO HOLD<-----never released, but trust me, it's a Feb. 14th necessity 4 sho!
Jill Scott - The Way
Aaliyah - At Your Best... (it's Aaliyah; Aaliyah knew something about love songs. if you lose with Aaliyah, you're just a loser, lol...)
LTD featuring Jeffrey Osborne - Love Ballad

More than likely, you'll see this list grow between now and V-Day. But don't worry, you got plenty of time to get out there and cop this stuff, lol. It'll be worth it after the sun sets... All LoveB-J

3 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jig,

You know you my folk...and the list brought back some pretty good FAMU memories (ha, ha)...at any rate, I might hafta update your list at the blog site. Holla at you later,

Good Doc

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy,

What you know bout Lennie Williams?

Ash

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Jigabod said...

"What do I know about Lennie Williams..."

Girl I know I-I-I-I-I play this song... Every night when I close my eyes... (bassline)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions