Saturday, September 03, 2005

Feeling the Night Air - An Atmospheric Piece

Hey... Tonight is a perfect night isn't it? Wherever you are, I hope you're enjoying yourself. I stuck my nose outside for a second and the temperature was just right. 'Wanted to get out into it but---well--- I didn't have anybody to spend it with. Besides, it's waaaay too costly right now, right?

So how do you enjoy your nights? Me, I like many things about the night. I like being around crowds at night in places like movie theaters. There's a lot of potential for memorable moments, ya know? Everybody's dressed crisp-casual, trying to impress whoever they've got in mind, or maybe a stranger. All the ladies and gents get that subtle haze in their eyes and start exchanging lovers' glances; sometimes knowing that they shouldn't, being that their companion is right there beside them, lol...

Going out to restaurants is a treat as well. It's cool taking a homie or two and hitting up a crowded spot to try new foods, have random discussions, and admire the beautiful women across the room. And on occasion I've been fortunate enough to be there with a beautiful woman myself, seated under low lighting, having an intimate discussion on whatever may come to mind. Candlelight can't really be appreciated during the day, ya know...

But it never gets any better than being outta town at night. Mmmman... I love that; sitting in the back of a charter bus (you know, in the section where that blue or red light sits overhead? I think I prefer red...). I never get tired of nearing the metro area and taking in the cityscape: Nashville, Ontario, Orlando, Memphis, Atlanta... And then to actually get out in the streets to gaze up from the bottoms of the buildings and see the lights up close, hear the music and the voices, smell the foods... Ya'll gon' hafta excuse me; I'm from Augusta GA, so these are things I don't get to see all the time. Like Comedian Steve Harvey said, you can't even commit suicide jumping off of buildings in Augusta; you'll prolly just break a leg, lol.

But you know what? Sometimes it doesn't even take all that; sometimes all I need to have a great night is me, my homeboi, and music... When you've got a good old friend, even conversation is optional; because you're always on the same page. You just navigate the car, let the friend navigate the CD selection, roll down the windows, and ride out. Next time any of you out there has the opportunity to get out into the night, try this:

Now, normally, I don't encourage people stay out too late... but after midnight during the beginning of summer, the air gets very cool (not cold, mind you, but cool, like it is tonight...). Find a long street that you can cruise down; any speed over 35 mph will do. Roll down your window and stick your hand out. Don't open it flat into the wind, but smooth your hand in the direction you're going. As it knifes through the night air, you'll start to feel dew collecting on it! But the dew never actually forms because it evaporates just as quickly as it touches you. It's a free way to feel the night air... once gas prices go back down that is...

(Playlist:
Junior Jack - Luv 2 U)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

© 2005,2006 Greater Augusta Productions